Even now, 80 odd years after his death, many questions are regularly asked about Squizzy.
- How did he get the name 'Squizzy'
- Where and how did he die?
- What was his relationship with John Wren?
- Who were the 'Bourke Street Rats'?
- What was Squizzy Taylor's connection with the Gun Alley Murder?
- Why was he called 'the gentleman gangster'?
- What was his connection with the murder at Trades Hall in 1916?
- Why did he receive a full page photograph on the front page of The Sun?
- Why did he have a vendetta with Snowy Cutmore?
- What does Squizzy Taylor's poetry sound like?
- Where is he buried and how can you find his grave?
- Just before the Football Grand Final, Bob Pratt (the champion full forward of South Melbourne Football Club) was getting off a tram when he was hit by a truck. He missed the Grand Final and blamed "the Collingwood Gangster" (ie Squizzy Taylor) for arranging the accident. If this accusation is true, it makes it one of the most remarkable crimes in Australian history. Why is this?
|This is the only available biography of Squizzy Taylor. Written in an entertaining style it covers most of the aspects of his criminal career. Although now out of print, there are several copies available at Alabris. |
Buy this book now online from Alibris.
|This famous book contains a thinly veiled portrait of Squizzy Taylor under the name "Snoopy Tanner"|